Personal Injury Attorney
Being involved in an accident can not only cause serious personal injuries but also wreak havoc on your life, resulting in significant financial costs. At Pastrana & Garcia Injury Law, our knowledgeable and an experienced personal injury attorney is here to help if you’ve been injured in an accident.
Our aim is to educate you on your legal rights, options, and potential next steps so that we can help you recover financial compensation for the damages you’ve incurred.
What is Meant by Personal Injury?
The field of personal injury law is vast, and it covers many different types of cases, so you need an experiend personal injury lawyer. Personal injury law is also known as tort law, and it generally allows you to recoup damages when another party’s negligent or reckless actions cause you injury.
The following are examples of personal injury law cases:
- Motor vehicle accidents, such as car or trucking accidents, pedestrian injuries, and bicycle or motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability claims, where someone is injured on the property of another person or business
- Products liability cases that involve an injury inflicted by a faulty, dangerous, or defective product
- Malpractice claims that involve a personal injury inflicted by a professional, such as a doctor
- Workplace injuries, whether due to falls, power tools, being struck by an object, or another underlying reason, workplace accidents are common causes of personal injuries
- Construction accidents, which occur on a construction site and can involve workers, contractors, or passersby
- Wrongful death cases when a loved one dies as a result of the reckless or negligent acts of another party
What Kinds of Damages Might Someone be Facing After a Personal Injury?
An injured party typically incurs significant out-of-pocket costs, including doctor’s visits, hospital stays, prescription costs, rehabilitation costs, and other medical tests, imaging, and treatments. In many cases, victims have damages to their personal property, such as the need to replace or repair their vehicle after a car accident. If they are unable to work after the accident, they may also incur lost wages or income.
Additionally, victims often experience general damages, which are harder to quantify and often more difficult to prove. These include pain and suffering, mental anguish, psychological trauma, the loss of enjoyment of activities that the victim is no longer able to do, and the overall decline in the victim’s quality of life. Also, if you are no longer able to work in your current position, or work at all, you may be able to recover damages for the loss of your future income.
What Kinds of Personal Injury Cases Does Pastrana & García Injury Law Handle?
The personal injury attorneys at Pastrana & García Injury Law have been serving the needs of clients for over thirty years, and we focus on the following types of personal injury cases:
- Car accidents. Texas is one of the states with the most automotive accidents, and they happen frequently. If you’ve been injured as a result of the negligent actions of another party on the road, having a trusted personal injury lawyer by your side can make a great difference in your recovery.
- Accidents caused by drunk or distracted drivers. Whether it’s driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol or being distracted by electronics or other reasons, countless accidents are caused by drivers who are not fully paying attention to the road. We help clients get the compensation they deserve when their lives are upended by a drunk or distracted driver.
- 18-wheeler and trucking accidents. When a motor vehicle accident involves a truck or other commercial vehicle, serious and severe injuries can result. We assist clients with obtaining a fair and reasonable settlement and getting the medical care they need.
- Workplace injuries. Accidents that take place at work can be tragic and can disrupt your life considerably — sometimes, even permanently. It is essential that you know your rights and hire a personal injury lawyer to represent you.
- Construction accidents. On construction sites, accidents are becoming a common occurrence due to the potential hazards to which workers are exposed, such as heights, heavy machinery, hazardous materials, and other uncontrollable weather conditions.
- Wrongful death cases. These claims can be brought under Texas law by those who have survived the death of a loved one as a result of someone else’s reckless or negligent conduct. At Pastrana & García Injury Law, our attorneys offer over 30 years of experience in wrongful death cases and are the attorneys you need on your side to receive fair compensation.
How Can an Experienced and Knowledgeable Personal Injury Lawyer Help?
After an accident, navigating the legal system and the personal injury process can be complex, lengthy, and costly — especially if you are trying to do it alone. A capable personal injury lawyer can help investigate the facts of your accident, accurately assess and value your damages, preserve important evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf.
Moreover, a personal injury lawyer can communicate with the insurance company, authorities, and other parties on your behalf, allowing you to focus on your recovery after your accident. Insurance companies, in particular, have significant financial and legal resources on their side, and their aim is to minimize payout. Having an experienced personal injury attorney on your side means leveling the playing field: your attorney will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, striving for a fair and reasonable settlement offer.
Why Choose Pastrana & García Injury Law as Your Personal Injury Attorney?
At our firm, we pride ourselves on not only working to get our clients fair and reasonable compensation but also helping them piece their lives back together after a debilitating accident. When you’re faced with serious injuries after an accident, it is imperative to consult with an attorney as soon as possible, in order to help you get the compensation and justice you deserve.
If you need an experienced personal injury lawyer, contact Pastrana & García Injury Law. You will not be charged unless we win your case. We are Hispanic lawyers, and we understand how difficult and frustrating it can be to navigate the American legal system. With over 30 years of experience in recovering compensation for our clients, we can help you recover your compensation too. Contact us online or call 888-674-4487.